Pregnancy is an exciting journey, but because Intended Parents are not carrying the baby, some parents can feel disconnected or impatient. Sharing the exciting news with friends and family, and building a strong bond with your Surrogate are great ways to play an active role during the pregnancy. However, preparing your home and life for the addition of a child takes effort, and there are many healthy and helpful ways to nest and get ready for the delivery of your surrogate baby.
- Get your home baby ready. Organizing while nesting will mean different things to different parents, based on different comfort zones, priorities, instincts and what your home and nursery need. You’ll want to make your home a happy and inviting place for your new arrival. Begin by organizing the nursery, baby-proofing all rooms, and giving your home a good cleaning and disinfecting.
- Cook meals in advance. Once the baby has arrived, you’ll thank yourself for having a variety of dishes in your freezer that can be heated up at any time. Not every family will have people bringing them meals when the baby arrives. Preparing your growing family with handy meals now will be one less thing to worry about when your family dynamics change overnight.
- Discuss the serious stuff. Although they may not be the happiest topics, tackling matters like wills, guardians, and caregivers needs be at the forefront of your mind. The unexpected can happen at any time, and talking these matters over with your partner will help both of you reach a conclusion. Do your research and talk to potential caregivers to make sure they’re on board.
- Organize your hospital kit. You’ll want to make sure you have everything you need to get your baby home comfortably! Have your car seat installed and pack the baby’s swaddling blanket and going-home outfit. If you will be traveling and staying in a hotel for the baby’s delivery, get your suitcase or overnight bag ready, too.
- Resources. While you wait there are some resources and apps to help you get organized.
Although you are not physically carrying your child, there is still plenty to do to prepare for the baby’s arrival! Getting your home and life ready in advance not only helps the waiting time pass quickly, it will also give you great peace of mind. If you would like more information on preparing for the delivery of your surrogate baby, please contact Surrogate Solutions today!
We help Intended Parents Create Happy Families via Egg Donation & Surrogacy with the help of
caring Egg Donors & Surrogates.
Why use an agency, Surrogate Requirements, Can I be a Surrogate?, Facts about Surrogacy, Information on surrogacy, What our agency can offer you , Surrogacy FAQs, Families who need you, Learn more, Apply now.