Managing the Costs of Surrogacy
We understand this process is expensive, and want to limit the cost you incur as much as possible. There are a few ways to make this experience more cost-effective.
- Viewing surrogate profile(s) is free.
- Before we ask you to sign a contract or pay a deposit, we will provide you with several surrogate profiles to make sure we have a match for you.
- When you select a surrogate, we do not collect our full agency fee upfront. Instead, we collect an initial deposit, and the final agency payment is not due until your surrogate is confirmed pregnant.
- We charge ONE agency fee. Rarely does it occur, but at times the surrogate may not respond well to medications, have a change of heart or cannot complete the process due to unforeseen circumstances. Unlike many agencies, if you find yourself in this difficult place, you will NOT pay an additional agency fee to select a new surrogate for your family.
- We offer a discount to clients who are active military, veterans, first responders, teachers, and returning clients.
- We also offer a unique ”Fr-amily” agency option or a discount to clients who bring their own carrier to Surrogate Solutions.
Estimated Costs of Surrogacy
|Surrogate Solutions Agency Fee:||$20,000 (Domestic)
|Escrow Management Fee:||$1,500|
|Psychological Evaluation for Surrogate:||$700-$1,000|
|IVF Medications for Surrogate:||$3,500-$5,000|
|Embryo Transfer Fee:||$750-$1,000|
|Psychological Evaluation for Intended Parents:||$350|
Surrogate Compensation, Fees & Expenses:
|Surrogate Base Compensation (Fees vary depending on experience & insurance):||$40,000 – $55,000|
|Start of Cycle Compensation:||$3,000|
|Monthly Allowance for Surrogate:||$200/month|
|Medical Insurance Premium for Surrogate:*||$15,000-$30,000|
|Life Insurance Policy:||$300|
|Travel, lost wages, & childcare (for medical screening, IVF transfer, etc.):||$1,000-$3,000 ESTIMATED|
Additional Fees (depending on Gestational Carrier and State):
|Multiples Fee:||$3,000-$6,000 per fetus|
|Invasive Procedures (Amniocentesis, D&C, etc.):||$1,000|
|Loss of Reproductive Organ Fee:||$5,000- $10,000|
|ERA/Mock Cycle/Canceled Cycle Fee:||$300-$500|
|Embryo Transfer Fee:||$750-$1,000|
|If on bed rest: Mileage, Childcare, Housekeeping, Lost Wages & Disability Insurance (if needed):||$500-$7,500 ESTIMATED|
|Medical Expenses not covered by insurance:||$3,000-$15,000 ESTIMATED|
Estimated Total Cost of Surrogacy (without egg donor):
The above expenses may be higher or lower in every situation. Each case is different. These figures are only intended to give you a general idea of the cost of surrogacy. Fees vary based on your clinic and the surrogate you choose to work with.
IVF Clinic and Medication Fee:
This is only an estimate for the surrogate. Please consult your physician for a more accurate fee schedule.
Surrogate Legal Fees:
Legal fees will be between you and your legal representative. Your surrogate will require separate legal representation during contracts so both parties are equally cared for. Total legal fees may be as high as $10,000. These fees are separate and in addition to fees of Surrogate Solutions.
These fees are between you and the medical provider. The intended parents are responsible for all medical expenses related to the pregnancy that are incurred by the gestational carrier throughout the surrogacy process. Please note that the surrogate’s health insurance may not cover surrogacy. If surrogacy is covered, the insurance is customarily not billed until the surrogate is under the care of her OB/GYN at ten to 12 weeks gestation. Plan to pay cash throughout the entire process while the surrogate is being seen at the fertility clinic. These fees are separate and in addition to fees of Surrogate Solutions.
*(A surrogacy insurance plan must be purchased if the Surrogate has no policy or has a surrogacy exclusion on her current plan. This may not include the deductible or medical costs not covered by insurance.)